Friday, August 22, 2008

A week at the Beach!

The beautiful view from our room.

PJ and Daddy hanging out by the pool. PJ loves swimming and loves it even more if he sees a ball to chase after.




After a day at the pool we went to walk along the ocean to see the sunset (you can see Flat Stanley in some as he is visiting our family this month).


The girls and I made Peter a birthday cake for his birthday (OK disclaimer here....it actually looked better in real life...and we were away from home and they didnt have cake pans so we had to make do with what the condo provided).
Brave mommy took three of the kids to the beach while Peter went to work and Anya went to school. A few days later we did the same time only this time brought my 8 year old niece Danielle. We went for a walk I took the kids to the beach and we dragged a wagon to carry booogie boards, lunch, towels, beach towel and umbrellas. We get to the beach set up blankets and towels and my chair....put the boogie boards on the sand and then go for about a 3 or 4 mile walk to look for shells. I had an uneasy feeling on our walk like maybe I shouldn't have left all the stuff (the wagon was a nice one, the boogie boards just not stuff i have money to replace right now). Towrads the end of the walk I am getting antsy knowing something is wrong.....somebody is getting into my stuff....AND I WAS RIGHT!!!! THEY got into our lunch! As I was getting closer to our stuff I saw a squirell on the sand standing up leaning on my wagon...I yell at him to shoo and he does....as I walk even closer I see another one and he runs....and another...and another....when i stand over the wagon there is TWO more in my lunch bag eating our sandwhiches and refusing to leave as I am yelling at them waving my fists!......one stopped and actually gave me the STINK EYE....like "COME ON MAMMA, TRY AND STOP ME I WILL TAke YOU DOWN!!!!!!" FInally my niece claps her hands and they went runniing away. They chewed through two plastic bags one to get to the lunch the other to get to the sandwhiches...so we had to throw the sandwhiches away. I had an alomst full bag of chips and when i opened that it was full of sand (meaning they got my chips)....ok they are so lucky i wasnt PMSing and they didnt have choclate to get into or we would have had squirell burgers for didnner....Anyways out of the kids lunch the did not touch granola bars or their juice....so the girls sat down to eat the granola bars and juice when mary starts screaming we turn around and two squirels are ON MY BLANKET STARING AT ME.....i yell for them to shoo and wave my hands and they both give me the stink eye again like "C'MON mamma try to take us on!"...again my niece claped and they ran off and stood on the rocks staring at me giving me looks and talking behind my back...how horrible is it i was actually afraid of these squirrels? I We eneded up moving our stuff further doown the beach away from the cliff and rocks....i was sure i was going to have squirerl nightmares of them taking me down and beating me up and stealing my house. Wish i had my camera b/c although it is a true story it is hilarious...especially seeing 5 squirells in my wagon, the only non funny part is that they are distgusting (although cute) and were in our lunch.
PJ after a day at the beach.
Mary roasting marshmellows for smores.


All the kids pose for a picture around the fire pit after eating smores.

2 comments:

Niki said...

Beautiful family, but why is Mom always behind the camera? :)

Aimee said...

Looks like a GREAT time!!