Friday, February 06, 2009

Aunt Rosemary Update

Aunt Rosemary was transfered to a different hospital. Her latest C-Scan showed a decreased in swelling on the brain. A biopsy came back from when they did brain surgery and the bleed was discovered to be caused by an AVM an atrialvenous malformation. People can have AVMS just about anywhere (I see them occassionally in the stomach or colon with GI bleeds) and can bleed anytime or never. MY aunt has evidently had this AVM all her life, it could have bled anytime in her life (My sister, an ICU nurse, cared for a 12 year old girl that sustained major brain injury when hers bled). God chose to have this happen now at 82 years of age. Knowing this information we feel blessed that it took 82 years (although we wished she was one that never bled). She is still in a coma. However with so much swellling on the brain that is to be expected. We pray now that the swelling is going down that a miracle will happen and she will wake up. It has been 2 and 1/2 weeks of a coma so far. A long process (but I am told it always is with brain injuries). We continue to visit (I am only able to visit 4 to 5 times a week but my mom, cousins visit everyday and my sisters visit on off days). Please continue to pray for my aunt.

No comments: