Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Reflections And The Request For Prayer

Wow...what a crummy day. A sad one. One that I hope some day I can reflect back on and see different than tonight. Today after getting off work I check my voicemail to find out my Aunt Rosemary had a stroke and went to the emergency room. Having experience in caring for the elderly for 10 years of my life, I know there is varying degrees. Nothing could have prepared me for when I went to the hospital. My Aunt was on a ventilator and they were preparing her for surgrey to cut her skull and clean up the bleed around her brain. My sweet Aunt laying there with her daughters at her bedside. Surgery was a success is the fact that she survived it. Our next goal is to have her get through the next 48 hours. After 48 hours with out complications then they can evaluate what damage has been done.
No for the reflections. My Aunt lives in the same town as me. Her daughter (my cousin) lives very close to Anya's school 45 minutes away from our town. At the last minute today, my Aunt and her daughter decided she would get a ride from me (while I take Anya to school) to my cousin's house. I was working today but my sister a very skilled critical care nurse was taking Anya. On the drive there my sister noticed signs of my Aunt having a possible stroke, getting her the help sooner than if my Aunt was at home by herself. SO for that I am thankful. I can definitely see God's hand at work here. I have to believe there will be a miracle with my aunt. She has a very special place in my heart and I am not ready to lose her.
If anyone reads this could you please pray for her?

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Praying for your Aunt Rosemary!

Niki said...

I am praying for her again right now. Praying for your heart and your family as well.

Sandi said...

Praying for your aunt and the family...
Sandi (PAI)

sheridan said...

I am still praying for your family. (((((((hugs)))))

julied (HP/PAI)