Monday, October 27, 2008

good analogy of Obama's 'redistribution of wealth' concept

A friend shared this email with me today and I thought I would share it with others.

'In a local restaurant my server had on a 'Obama 08' tie, again I laughed as he had given away his political preference--just imagine the coincidence. When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him thatI was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood therein disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip tosomeone who I deemed more in need--the homeless guy outside. The serverangrily stormed from my sight. I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the serverinside as I've decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy wasgrateful. At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realizedthe homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiterwas pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn even though theactual recipient needed the money more. I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in conceptthan in practical application.'

3 comments:

Niki said...

I LOVE IT!!

Ginger said...

LOVE it, too!

Aimee said...

that's really good!